Sunday, January 17, 2010

Start Screensaver Using Automator

Everyone on Linux will know what I mean when I say lock the screen and start the screensaver. People on a Mac will look at you with a black face. (or at least I think, but hey prove me wrong) Anyway, on a Linux bases OS you can lock the screen, this will basically start the screensaver if you have one set up and require you to enter your password when you go to unlock the screen. On a Mac there is no pre-set way to do this, but you can do it with the powers of Automator. Most people underestimate Automator, and just let it collect dust in the Applications folder. However, I think that every Mac user should have an understanding of what it does and how to use it. In this tutorial, I will show you how to make an application using Automator that will start your screensaver without having to wait for the timer to initiate it on its own. So before I bore you any more with text, please watch the video below to learn how to do this. Oh and by the way if you made it this far in the post good job, I know I probably wouldn't.

No comments: