Sunday, October 19, 2008

New Mac Books 2008


I have been waiting to do this until I could get a good chance to do a quality review. I recommend that you watch the video as this is simply a repeat and show notes of what has been said there.


to start off I see no reason to not like the new design as others have said. I personally have no problem with the new design. I like it and I think that it will mean more possibilities in the future. I will first list what I think would be some cons (I have not actually touched one). For the Mac book low end I see no reason for there not be be a back lit key board. I can't be that much more expensive to put one in there, and I know a lot of people who don't need the high-end computer that would like to have the back light. Also why in the world would they take away the firewire? Apple invented this didn't they? Anyway people really would need a more powerful computer like a Mac Book Pro to edit video. Even though some people just import then upload to Youtube. i guess you could use a USB adapter, but it would go slower. Also this seems like it would cause a problem with an external HD. The last con that I can think of now is that there is no mat screen. Unless there has been a major change you can't even use your laptop outside or in a bright room unless you want a mirror.


Now on to the Pros. I love the new more durable (or so Apple says) brick technology. Also I love the new track pad idea. Not only do you not have the button at the bottom yu now have a mouse with multiple buttons on a track pad. The question I have is can you get a program to remap what the different gestures to so you can possibly like have a fully functional "multiple button mouse". The next pro which isn't that big of a deal is the price. The reason I say that is that the price is still high and they will have to bring it down about 2-3 hundred dollars to cut into the Dell and HP market.


Now on to some clarification about some things people are complaining about that aren't problems. the track pad is simply one whole button (the whole thing depresses). It isn't that horrid touch click feature that we all hate because we all end up screwing something up trying to use it.


Thank you for taking the time to read this post. Feel free to leave comments and let me know how I am doing. Also I am interested to know what you think about the new Mac Books. Will you be going to get one?

No comments: